Most popular quantity.
Gyne-Lotrimin (Clotrimazole vaginal)
Gyne-Lotrimin is an antifungal agent used to treat vaginal yeast infections.
Use Gyne-Lotrimin vaginal exactly as directed by your doctor, or follow the directions that accompany the package. If you do not understand these instructions, ask your pharmacist, nurse, or doctor to explain them to you.
Wash your hands before and after using this medication.
Insert the tablet, suppository, or cream into the vagina using the applicator as directed.
Use this medication continuously for the prescribed amount of time, even during your menstrual period.
You can use a sanitary napkin to prevent the medication from staining your clothing but do not use a tampon.
If the infection does not clear up after you have finished one course of therapy, or if it appears to get worse, see your doctor.
You may have another type of infection.
Avoid getting this medication in your eyes, nose, or mouth.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Gyne-Lotrimin vaginal is used to treat vaginal candida (yeast) infections.
If you miss a dose of Gyne-Lotrimin vaginal, skip the missed dose. Go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Store Gyne-Lotrimin vaginal at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Gyne-Lotrimin vaginal out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Do not use Gyne-Lotrimin vaginal if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Gyne-Lotrimin vaginal;
- this is the first time that you have ever had symptoms of a vaginal yeast infection, consult your doctor before using this medication;
- you have a fever, abdominal pain, foul-smelling discharge, diabetes, HIV, or AIDS. Consult your doctor;
- without first talking to your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby;
- you are younger than 12 years of age.
Possible Side Effects
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome: mild vaginal burning, irritation, or itching.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
- severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue);
- fever or chills;
- foul-smelling vaginal discharge;
- severe or prolonged vaginal burning, irritation, or itching;
- stomach pain;
Gyne-Lotrimin vaginal is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.